Increasing your organization's success starts with you!
Gain actionable leadership skills to improve your organization, and empower your team… and that’s just for starters.
In this accelerated, interactive learning environment, LeaderShift focuses on high-impact, immediately-applicable learning for not-for-profit senior leaders to rejuvenate your approach and empower your decisions. Build and execute a 90-day action plan that increase your organization's productivity and program delivery.
With worksheets and templates to action immediately, peer learning with other sector leaders, and by leveraging Vantage Point’s expertise in the not-for-profit sector, you come away from this series with leadership competencies to lead with a renewed commitment and energy, and grow your organizational capacity.
LeaderShift is designed to engage not-for-profit Executive Directors, CEOs and Seniors Managers who are…
- New to their role; OR
- Looking to refresh their knowledge of best practices in non-profit leadership; and
- Are able to make a personal committment to create and execute a 90-day leadership action plan, and are interested in building a peer network.
Spring 2017 Application Deadline: April 20, 2017 at 4:00pm PT
May 12, 2017 | 9:00am - 4:00pm
May 25, 2017 | 5:30pm - 8:30pm
June 9, 2017 | 9:00am - 4:00pm
June 22, 2017 | 5:30pm - 8:30pm
September 14, 2017 | 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Location:1183 Melville Street, Downtown Vancouver
Brian Mills, Brian Mills & Associates
Bring to LeaderShift a real challenge you’re facing in your current role and set out a strategy to address it
- Create a 90-day leadership action plan to activate your leadership skills and apply your unique leadership strengths to your day-to-day work
- Identify ways your leadership approach can boost your organization’s effectiveness
- Workshop new ideas and refine your leadership goals with the support of a community of peers
- Translate your learning into practice through customizable worksheets, templates and digital resources
- Build connections with your not-for-profit peers through collaborative exercises and networking opportunities
- Build the confidence and skills required to boost the capacity of your team, and become an effective ambassador for your organization in the community
- Share a safe space to recharge and reinvigorate your passion and commitment to your organization’s mission
How does LeaderShift Work?
LeaderShift aims to invigorate and catalyze Executive Directors, CEOs and Senior Managers to lead their organizations with renewed commitment and energy.
- Work with expert facilitators who challenge and champion you as you turn your learning into action
- Kick-off 60-minute learning burst to introduce you to the Standout Assessment and 90-day Leadership Plan
- Over 5 weeks, you’ll spend 20 hours with peers in a high-impact and in-depth program focused on shifting your current leadership approach
- Follow-up sessions 30 days after your final in-class session to review and reflect on your 90-day leadership action plan
- Guest speakers and case studies reveal successful strategies and learning-moments (failures) in the not-for-profit leadership landscape
Visit the full program outline to find out more about the LeaderShift program.
- Leading within a changing not-for-profit environment
- Evaluation and impact
- Engaging communication and influence skills inside and beyond your organization
- Reframing the “meeting”
- Leadership and lifecycle: where do you want your team to go next?
- Applying principles of personal ecology and creating a culture that values self-care and self-development
Required Course Materials (Not included in registration fee)
Fall 2016 Application Deadline: April 20, 2017 at 4:00pm PT.
Spring 2017 Deadline:
April 20, 2017 at 4:00pm PT
In Class Schedule
May 12 l 9:00am - 4:00pm
May 25 l 5:30pm - 8:30pm
June 9 l 9:00am - 4:00pm
June 22 l 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Sept. 14, 2017 | 5:30 - 7:30pm
Brian Mills is a senior leader with extensive experience in strategic planning, policy development, system effectiveness, project direction, efficiency organizational structure and organizational improvement in complex and high-profile, multi-stakeholder and public-sector environments and experience in the not-for profit sector. Brian has led strategy and policy development, plan development, collaborative development of project and program scope and alternatives analysis typically bringing stakeholders together to develop a shared understanding of core issues and common interests. Brian has a Certificate in Executive leadership from Simon Fraser University, and is a Certified Management Consultant.
"Investing the time in LeaderShift provided me with the tools to make actionable change in my organization, and I've already seen results."
President & CEO