Understand yourself, your values and gain the confidence to excel as a not-for-profit leader
Leadership Principles strengthens your individual leadership skills and personal attributes to positively impact the effectiveness of your organization.
The Leadership Principles series is a unique professional development offering for not-for-profit managers seeking to enhance their current leadership approach.
Is Leadership Principles Right for You?
You are an ideal candidate of the Leadership Principles program if you:
- are currently working in the not-for-profit sector and thinking about a long term career
- are responsible for leading individuals and teams to deliver results
- have a combination of demonstrating leadership in your current role, along with vision and aspiration to take on further leadership responsibilities in your career
Winter 2017 City of Vancouver Bursary Application Deadline: January 18, 2017 at 4:00pm
Dates & Time: February 1, February 15, March 1 | 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Location: 1183 Melville Street, Downtown Vancouver
- You leave this program with greater insight and clarity around your value, new skills for leading teams, and broaden your style and approach.
- You learn concrete skills that support your growth and development as a leader in your current role (and the next!).
Leadership Principles focuses on two leadership attributes: leads self, and develops talent. Over three sessions, you will look at your own personal leadership approach, as well as developing individuals and developing teams.
- Session 1: Leading Self
- Session 2: Leading Individuals
- Session 3: Leading Teams
Visit the full program outline to find out more about the Leadership Principles program.
Jodi Rai, Senior Labour Relations Advisor, Fisheries & Oceans Canada
Required Course Material
- Gallup StrengthFinder - Top 5 Strengths (to be completed individually before the start of the course)
Further develop your leadership and team skills to put you on the right career path.
Winter 2018 City of Vancouver Bursary Application Deadline: January 18, 2018 at 4:00pm
Questions about Leadership Principles? Get in touch with us:
Capacity Development Lead
Develop your leadership and team skills to put you on the right career path.
Winter 2018 City of Vancouver Busary Application Deadline:
January 18, 2018 at 4:00pm
February 1, 2018 | 5:30pm - 8:30pm
February 15, 2018 | 5:30pm - 8:30pm
March 1, 2018 | 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Jodi is currently a Senior Labour Relations Advisor with Fisheries & Oceans Canada, a role she has been in since 2014. She has a Masters of Arts in Leadership from Royal Roads University and Bachelor's of Commerce in Industrial Relations from UBC. Her area of expertise are labour relations, leadership, conflict resolution, training and development, recruitment, HR Planning and providing strategic advice to executive directors and managers. Jodi’s own learning journey has allowed her to obtain her CPHR designation via HRMA, to complete two certificates (Instructional Design and Advanced Facilitation) at the Justice Institute as well as her anticipated completion in Mediation in 2017. Born and raised in British Columbia she has a genuine vested interest her community. Her years of HR experience have taught her that personal and organizational development can result in not only insightful committed managers and employees, but also informed and conscientious citizens.