What a fun year it has been, hosting local experts on a variety of specific topics that YOU have been urging us to offer more resources on. In case you missed these bite-sized learning opportunities when they were first published, take 10 minutes or so and listen to one of these top 10 podcasts:
10. Workforce Planning (Paid, Volunteer, Contractor)
Brad Beattie, founder of POP The People Agency, invites us to imagine achieving all of our aspirational community goals without “mission fatigue” through innovative workforce models that enable teams to thrive as people and project leaders.
9. Learning through social connections: The human advantage over google
Gayle Farrell, President of Siena Consulting, considers ways to deepen our learning from formal professional development through social connections.
8. The Board Chair - Executive Director Partnership
Juliana Laing, one of our local governance experts, brings the Board Chair and ED Partnership to life in this month’s podcast.
7. Making the “To-Get-Done” List: Operational Plans That Work
Catarina Moreno, Program Director at QMUNITY, highlights the importance of moving away from the “tyranny of activities”, team engagement in the process, and openness to an iterative (and sometimes lengthy) journey.
6. Abundance in the Not-for-Profit Sector: A Powerful Paradox
In this podcast, we explore what “abundance” looks like in the context of the not-for-profit sector – and what it makes possible to nurture a culture of abundance over scarcity.
5. In-Camera Board Meetings: who, what, why, how?
Shawn Mitchell, expert in not-for-profit governance and leadership, joins me to share his thoughts on how to employ in-camera board meetings to strengthen organizational governance.
4. Show me the money! Getting clarity on compensation
Kelly Allder, Vice President for Human Resource Programs at Ceridian, joins me to share her HR expertise on the topic: Show Me the Money! Getting Clarity on Compensation.
3. Director and Officers Liability Insurance: A Necessary Cost?
Kawkab Jamal leads us through the key benefits of D&O insurance, the issues to consider when exploring or revisiting your coverage, and the risks of not having this type of insurance.
2. Mastering the Governance Foxtrot: Effective Board/ED Relations
Kathi Irvine gets out her dance shoes to walk us through the steps of Mastering the Governance Foxtrot: Effective Board/ED Relations.
1. The Overhead Myth: Let's end it once and for all!
Gordon Holley, CEO of Humanity Financial Management, offers key tips on what we can each do as leaders in the sector to end the overhead myth, once and for all!
© 2019 Vantage Point.