Learn best practices and concrete ideas to support your organization's fundraising efforts.
Boards have a critical role to play in fund development, yet many board members don’t feel they have the experience or confidence to be effective in promoting their organization.
This workshop is targeted to board members who want to learn how to develop a culture of fund development within their organization.
Who Should Attend
Board members, executive directors/CEOs or senior leaders (i.e. Directors, Managers, etc.) of not-for-profit organizations.
By the end of this session you will:
Understand the current limitations and opportunities in fund development and be able to assess which fundraising approaches would work best for your organization
Be able to bring more prospective donors to your organization
Increase your confidence in talking to prospective donors about funding opportunities
Have concrete tools for increasing donor retention
The workshop will cover the following topics in an interactive, discussion-filled format:
Fundraising success factors:
- The current fundraising environment in Canada
- Philanthropic trends and competition for donor dollars
- How to best talk about your organization
Types of Fundraising
- Types of fundraising approaches and campaigns
- How to assess the best fundraising types for your organization
Strategic relationship building
- How to move from conversation to action with an interested prospective donor
- How to find and assess new prospective donors for your organization
- How to build relationships with potential prospective donors
Making the ask
- Tips to increase board involvement in identifying who, when, where and how to ask
- How to support a successful face to face ask
Donor retention through stewardship
- How and why you should keep in touch once the money comes in
- Creative approaches to stewardship