City of Vancouver Bursaries
The City of Vancouver (CoV), through the divisions of Cultural Services and Social Policy, works with Vantage Point to strengthen Vancouver’s not-for-profit sector. This partnership provides a limited number of bursaries to staff and board members of eligible organizations to attend workshops, labs, and other learning opportunities at no cost. The number of bursaries available each year is dependent on budget availability.
If your organization is a CoV grantee you are eligible to apply for the following bursaries:
- Workshops: Two workshop bursaries per organization per year (April 1 – March 31)
- Advanced Labs: Eligible to receive a bursary for Advanced Labs
- Vantage Point Training and Consulting Services: Eligible to receive a full or partial bursary to organizational training and consulting such as: onsite training, strategic planning, operational planning and custom training session(s). To be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Vantage Point workshops are led by facilitators who are experts in their field, and who bring their training, knowledge and experience of the on-the-ground realities not-for-profits face.
Workshops cover a broad range of topics including: Board Development, Capacity/Organizational Building, Leadership, and People Engagement.
CoV grantees are eligible to receive 2 workshop bursaries per year. To apply, fill out the CoV Bursary form for the corresponding workshop. See upcoming workshops here.
Please note: bursary spots for workshops are allocated on a first-come-first served basis.
Our multi-day advanced programs for not-for-profit leaders are intensive and highly interactive. Each lab is designed to transform your approach to leadership through exclusive learning, real-world case studies, and peer-to-peer collaboration.
Vantage Point labs offer training for all levels of leadership including:
- Leadership Principles - Leadership foundations for managers and individuals stepping into a managerial or leadership role
- LeaderShift - New and seasoned ED/AD learn tips for leading teams through 90-day action plan
- Board Governance Academy - A lab built exclusively for the unique partnership of EDs and Board Chairs to create a cohesive and strong executive team
- Executive Lab - Creating a strong foundation for Executive Directors to lead their organization to success
CoV grantees are eligible to apply for the limited bursary spots in each Vantage Point Lab. Please note:
- The application process for advanced labs is competitive, and candidates should put their best foot forward when filling out the application form
- Submitting an application does not guarantee a bursary spot • Limited bursary spots per lab
- Bursary recipients will be recommended by Vantage Point and selected by City of Vancouver
Vantage Point Training and Consulting Services
Additional training bursary may be available to your organization on a case by case basis. For more information please contact Consulting Manager, Mark Friesen, firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-630-5821.
Who is eligible to receive a bursary?
To be eligible for a bursary, your organization must be a recent (current or previous 2 years) City of Vancouver grantee.
How do I know if my organization is a CoV grantee?
If your organization has received a grant from the City of Vancouver in the past three years or your organization is a primary tenant of a City-owned/controlled space, you may be a City of Vancouver grantee and qualify for a bursary. For more information please contact:
Social Policy and Projects Division
Eric Kowalski Eric.email@example.com
Learn more about Vantage Point's learning opportunities
To receive notifications of upcoming workshops and advanced learning labs, sign up to receive the Vantage Point newsletter.