Human Resources: Proactive Succession Planning
Move from reactive to proactive management of people transitions in your organization.
Effective succession planning is rooted in a continuous process of building leaders at all levels of your organization. This workshop focuses on fostering a culture of succession planning and provides participants with specific approaches and tools aimed at all levels of the organization: board, executive director, salaried employees, and skilled volunteers. You will be equipped to identify your current and future leadership requirements to move your mission forward.
Date & Time: May 28, 2019 l 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location: 1183 Melville Street, Downtown Vancouver
Cost: Member - $95, Non-Member - $110
- How to embed succession planning into core human resource practices such as recruitment and selection, onboarding, performance management and knowledge transfer will also be explored.
- Move from reactive to proactive management of people transitions in your organization Minimize knowledge and productivity loss due to people transitions
- Attract top talent through effective succession planning
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define attributes of an organizational-wide succession planning strategy
- Analyze your strategic plan and organizational life cycle to identify the skills and expertise you require in the future
- Integrate a succession planning lens to people processes related to recruitment and selection, onboarding, performance management and knowledge transfer – for all levels of the organization (board, executive director, salaried employees and volunteers)
- Creating a culture of succession planning through an approach of abundance and continuity of leadership
- How to identify what you require through strategic planning and understanding your organization’s life cycle
- How to incorporate succession planning into your current human resource practices:
- Recruitment and selection
- Performance management
- Knowledge transfer
The Leadership Ladder
- The big picture – these are all the levels involved in aligning people to mission
- Examine which parts are board-led and which are staff-led
- Some of these are part of the strategic plan, some part of the operational plan
Now City of Vancouver