Introduction to Coaching
Learn how to build a culture of coaching in your organization.
Date & Time: March 12, 2019 | 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Location: 1183 Melville Street, Downtown Vancouver
Develop a strong understanding of coaching and build confidence coaching others.
After this course, you will:
- Understand what coaching is and how it can support performance within organizations
- Be comfortable using the Excelerator Coaching™ model to work with others within their organizations
- Understand and apply a range of coaching and influencing approaches
- Improve their communication and influencing skills through developing active listening and effective questioning skills
- Understand interference and limits on performance
- Contract clearly and ethically, and be aware of coaching boundaries
- Be comfortable giving and receiving feedback, and learning from others
You are introduced to the four principles of the Excelerator Coaching™ Model:
- Engage: Focuses on creating an environment of safety and confidentiality for meaningful conversations.
- Enlighten: Focuses on identifying root causes and underlying issues rather than symptoms in order to target specific action.
- Empower: Focuses on generating self-awareness of internal and external barriers which typically interfere with effective planning and implementation of change.
- Excel: Focuses on commitment to action, with realistic timeframes.
Now City of Vancouver Bursary Join