Understand yourself, your values and gain the confidence to excel as a not-for-profit leader
Leadership Principles strengthens your individual leadership skills and personal attributes to positively impact the effectiveness of your organization.
The Leadership Principles series is a unique professional development offering for not-for-profit managers seeking to enhance their current leadership approach.
Is Leadership Principles Right for You?
You are an ideal candidate of the Leadership Principles program if you:
- are currently working in the not-for-profit sector and thinking about a long term career
- are responsible for leading individuals and teams to deliver results
- have a combination of demonstrating leadership in your current role, along with vision and aspiration to take on further leadership responsibilities in your career
City of Vancouver Bursary
Application Deadline: August 30, 2018 at 4pm
Dates & Time: September 20, October 9, October 23 | 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Location: 1183 Melville Street, Downtown Vancouver
- You leave this program with greater insight and clarity around your value, new skills for leading teams, and broaden your style and approach.
- You learn concrete skills that support your growth and development as a leader in your current role (and the next!).
Leadership Principles focuses on two leadership attributes: leads self, and develops talent. Over three sessions, you will look at your own personal leadership approach, as well as developing individuals and developing teams.
- Session 1: Leading Self
- Session 2: Leading Individuals
- Session 3: Leading Teams
Visit the full program outline to find out more about the Leadership Principles program.
Isabel Budke, Leadership Coach and Strategist, I Budke Leadership & Transitions Strategy
Required Course Material
- Gallup StrengthFinder - Top 5 Strengths (to be completed individually before the start of the course)
Further develop your leadership and team skills to put you on the right career path.
Questions about Leadership Principles? Get in touch with us:
Capacity Development Lead
Develop your leadership and team skills to put you on the right career path.
Fall 2018 City of Vancouver Busary Deadline: August 30th, 2018 | 4:00pm
September 20, 2018 | 5:30pm - 8:30pm
October 9, 2018 | 5:30pm - 8:30pm
October 23, 2018 | 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Jodi is currently a Senior Labour Relations Advisor with Fisheries & Oceans Canada, a role she has been in since 2014. She has a Masters of Arts in Leadership from Royal Roads University and Bachelor's of Commerce in Industrial Relations from UBC. Her area of expertise are labour relations, leadership, conflict resolution, training and development, recruitment, HR Planning and providing strategic advice to executive directors and managers. Jodi’s own learning journey has allowed her to obtain her CPHR designation via HRMA, to complete two certificates (Instructional Design and Advanced Facilitation) at the Justice Institute as well as her anticipated completion in Mediation in 2017. Born and raised in British Columbia she has a genuine vested interest her community. Her years of HR experience have taught her that personal and organizational development can result in not only insightful committed managers and employees, but also informed and conscientious citizens. Hide Section - System InformationSystem Information